The XA2 Yield Test Unit is a computer controlled vertical farming system designed for teaching & training, laboratory research as well as for testing seed, nutrient and growing cycle regimes for commercial replication in larger XA Series Warehouse systems.
- 2 separate growing areas with individual touchscreen computer control
- Modular LED low voltage lighting (typically 237 ųMol/m²/s)
- Food Grade plastic growing benches– each 1m² (~10ft²) area – on rolling mounts for easy access
- Automated Flood & Drain watering system for each grow bench, suited to a wide range of growing media
- Integrated water chillers for each growing bench to control root zone temperature
- Touchscreen control:
- pH acidity setting for automatic dosing
- EC nutrient level for automatic dosing
- Automated EC and pH sensor calibration reminders
- Watering – duration of flood & interval between floods
- Germination – duration of dark period
- LED Photoperiod duration
- LED Photoperiod start-time
- Step by Step 60 page Operators Manual
- Online technical support
- Full 12 Month warranty with spare parts readily available
- A level floor area of at least 3m x 2.4m (9’ x 8’) and 2.4m (8’) ceiling height.
- Access to water with a 12mm(1/2”) garden hose that will remain connected
- Access to a drain where a 12mm (1/2”) garden hose can be run at the end of each crop to pump out the nutrient tanks.
- The floor needs to be able to cope with any accidental water spillage, dropped grow medium, plant matter etc.
- Inside the room the temperature needs to be a stable 25-27°C (75°F-80°F)– usually a domestic split cycle air conditioner is sufficient.
- The humidity inside the room needs to be ~65% -usually a domestic type 25L/day dehumidifier is sufficient.
- Power outlet for the XA2 machine which draws a maximum of 750W.
- Availability of a wet waste bin is required for residual root and plant matter disposal
XA2 Unit US$38,000
Note: All prices plus Shipping & Handling charges
All sales in Australia are +GST
Optional Alarm System
The optional GSM Alarm system automatically sends pre-programmed text messages to nominated cell phone numbers in the unlikely event that either water, power or pH levels have problems. The GSM Alarm system requires a SIM card with text messaging account.
Alarm system US$480