Controlled Environment Agriculture
THE XA SERIES AUTOMATED VERTICAL FARMING SYSTEM
After 5 years of development and commercial testing Vertical Farm Systems offers the XA Series Growing System. Optimised for low operator skills, low water use and low labour input while achieving high return on investment results. Ideal for commercial production of leafy salad greens and herbs, as well as a large range of seedlings for both vegetable and ornamental varieties intended for open-field or green house planting.
- Automated growing system which integrates a proven rolling bench system with advanced multi-level Climate Cell growing environment, robotic seeding and automated harvesting functions.
- Fully scalable to any size or harvest yield required. Installation can be into a typical industrial warehouse type structure with a minimum internal clearance height of 6 metres.
- All operations are computer managed from a single intuitive touchscreen which requires minimal operator skills.
- Maintenance is based on modular components allowing for easy upgrades and system expansion.
- Low Total Energy Use
- Low Water Use
- Low Operator Skills
- Fully Automated Operation
- Scalable to Suit Any Market Size
- LED Lighting – Programmed Wavelength Control
- CO² Enrichment for Maximum Crop Performance
- Designed for Ready to Harvest Crops or Vegetable & Ornamental Seedlings
Suitable Crop Examples
- Salad Greens
- Loose Leaf Lettuce
- Baby Spinach
- Wild Rocket
- Pak Choi
- Salad Mizuna
- Beet Chard
- Mustard Greens
AIR – The Climate Cell growing enclosure is fully insulated and designed to automatically ensure precise temperature and humidity control as well as optimum Bio-security and CO² enrichment for maximum crop yields and plant health.
WATER – Plant transpiration recovery integrated into the climate cell system greatly reduces total water consumption. A wide range of growing nutrients can be used in the XA system with Vertical Farm Systems Bioponic organic nutrient being our recommendation for giving high crop yields and maximum nutritional benefit.
LIGHT – The XA Series uses Vertical Farm Systems patented low-voltage LED Lighting system which is fully pre-programmed with wavelength adjustment according to each plant variety and stage of growth. The LED light rails are modular for simple maintenance with a typical lifetime of 60,000 hours.
GROW MEDIA – The XA Series system is normally optimised to use LECA as a reusable medium but can be adapted to use black peat, biochar, coco peat or Rockwool as well as seedling mix substrates in trays.
Queensland Australia 4555